Self Life Coach Series #10
Look at what you have learned: Recap
Let’s look at all you have learned about yourself through this Self Life Coach Series with a recap. I’d start by looking at your workbook on page 23 and refer back to pages 3 through page 14. Simply having these awarenesses of your Needs, Values, Gifts, & Priorities, could be all you need to step forward in the right direction. Some of you may need to review the recap on pages 23 & 24 every week for a bit to be comfortable implimenting.
Use & share what you have learned: Refocus
Taking into consideration what you have learned about yourself, make small decisions at first and work your way up to making bigger and bigger decisions. As a consideration, share this journey with those close to you so they are aware of why you are making changes in your life. I can see it now… a spouse claims some big life change and it catches their partner off guard and a disagreement ensues. This is my disclaimer, I am not responsible for those blowups, lol. Bring your loved ones along with you. Learn about each other as you go through this process.
For my husband and I, knowing how much we differ in certain areas helps with awareness and communication. We intentionally play to our shared values as a strength. And we TRY to acknowledge & accept our differences while focusing on our common values & priorities. Over the years (25!) we have learned to make small & big needed changes to improve our lives based on some of these very exercises you did.
What did you learn? Let’s Redirect
You learned what your Needs, Values, Gifts, & Priorities are. But, what else did you learn? You rated areas of your life (with the Life Wheel) and you looked at the varied Roles & Responsibilities you currently have. You dreamed and set Goals based on those Dreams. Now I encourage you to continue on & look deeper at “all these things.” These questions are in your workbook, try to answer them.
- With my new perspective, how do I look differently at the Brain Dump of exercise #1?
- Are there connections in this exercise that make more sense now?
- Where do my Values, Gifts & Priorities come together? (what actions incorporate my highest of all three?)
- Do I have a dream that highlights my Values, Gifts & Priorities?
- What benefits am I experiencing by Self Life Coaching?
- As I plan my week ahead based on my clearly articulated Values, Gift, Priorities & Goals, I will….
- To stay motivated, based on my Needs, I will…
Continue to gain insight as you Self Life Coach
If you are like me and you LOVE knocking something off your to-do list, you can call the Self Life Coach Series “done”✔️ CHECK! Your life coach journey is not over yet though. Sorry to say “achievers”, you may check off this series but your life’s work isn’t done. I encourage you to continue to look at your life. The below journal questions can help you do that in the future. These questions are not in the workbook- you may want to invest in a cute blank book to carry forward your Self Life Coaching.
Journal prompts to pursue
These questions and topics could be conversations you have with a friend, a life coach, spouse or just write out in a journal.
- Is your scariest dream stretching your? (if it isn’t, what is holding you back?)
- Where do you need to Refocus?
- If you could have a “10” in one area, which area would it be? Do your dreams and goals reflect that?
- Who are people you admire? Do they have similar values that you do? Would you want them to mentor you?
- Who can teach you what you need to do to reach one of your big goals?
- Is what you are sacrificing for a role worth it? (a lot of where we put our time and energy is a trade-off)
- If you aren’t happy with a path you are on, how will you Redirect?
- When you look at your characteristics, do you need to model better because of your values?
- My Life Wheel area that scored the lowest in satisfaction- what is the easiest way to make that better than it is now?
- What are some of your best memories from the last year? How can you create more times like that?
- What motivates you? Really deep down.
- How do you handle obstacles? Come up with a plan for the inevitable roadblocks that appear.
- How will you celebrate- your achievements, your new habits, or your day to day?
- Will you Brain Dump on a regular basis? how was it helpful to you? how was it not helpful to you?
- In what ways will I ensure my Needs are met? How with I nurture myself in regards to my Needs?
- Which of my gifts can I use to accomplish my big goals this year? do my gifts even relate to my big goals?
As you process through all of this “Self Life Coach Recap,” I’d love to hear all about it. Leave a comment- what is your biggest “take-away?”
And if this was helpful to you, please share it with social media or across your kitchen island.
Look back at the Self Life Coach Series
Self Life Coach Series Intro
Self Life Coach Series 1: Brain Dump & Clean Slate
Self Life Coach Series #2: Values
Self Life Coach Series #3: Gifts & Talents
Self Life Coach Series #4: Priorities
Self Life Coach Series #5: Life Wheel
Self Life Coach Series #6: Roles & Responsibilities
Self Life Coach Series #7: Dreams & Goals
Self Life Coach Series #8: Top 3 Tools to Visualize
Self Life Coach Series #9: Plan Actions for Goals to Happen
Self Life Coach Series #10: Recap & Refocus & Redirect